Get the most from The Direct Marketer

Make the most of your visit here by interacting with The Direct Marketer. Subscribe to feeds for this blog, take a poll or check out one of my related sites like Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Media Overload

The dishes were washed, the baby put in bed, and I was all set to get comfortable and watch some American Idol when I remembered that there was a presidential press conference tonight.

I began watching the conference and listening to President Obama explain the budget that came out this week, when I decided to also check my e-mail. Of course, while I was there, I checked out Facebook and Twitter and thought about putting in another blog entry.

So I've got on the TV while following what George Stephanopoulos was saying about it on Twitter, and that's when it hit me, this may be more information than I need (or can properly digest) at one time. The thing about integrating social media with offline channels is that it becomes very easy to get swallowed up in media overload!

I'm sure at some point a proper balance will be struck and folks will find an appropriate place in their lives for social media, but until then it's funny to see how ingrained these things can become into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment